Kifune is shy and timid, who doesn't know much about rugby, but as a former soccer player, particularly as a goalkeeper, he has great defence and positional sense. He also has an accurate angular punt, albeit short.
Defensive positioning Edit
- "He's good at positioning himself. He knows where the ball is going to fall. And thinks before he runs , so he doesn't waste energy."- Kibi Shōta
In episode 21, the reason he learnt it is from playing in goal, while he knows where the ball would land, his body was unable to catch up.
Tactical punting Edit
Although his kicks' distance and strength suck, but he aims the ball at where you can't get it without ball bouncing at least once. -Wada Toshirō
- Timid but a hard worker
- Feels a one-sided kinship with Iwashimizu
- Used to be in the soccer club
- When a ball bounced before going out of bounds, the opponent's lineout can be from the point where the ball goes out of bounds. If it didn't, it will be from the point where the ball was kicked, unless if it is inside the 22. The fact that Kifune can make the ball bounce out despite being inside the 22 show great kicking accuracy.
- Fullbacks are known as the goalkeeper of the team, they are the last line of defence. They are often needed to field and return kicks, and punt the ball away to gain field position like a fly half.
- He has a ritual where he lifts up a practice ball or a kicking ball before placing a spot kick.